We opened our first store in Dublin in 1969 named Penneys and since then, we never stopped our expansion: we are now present in about 400 stores in 14 countries across Europe and America. We arrived in Italy in 2016 and now, with 7 stores and more than 2000 colleagues, we are in a crucial expansion moment: in the next coming months, we will double our presence on whole country, but the expansion project has just started.
As a Property Assistant you will be supporting this expansion, responding to Property Executive Italy: you will provide administration support to the Property function responsible for the Property strand of the business in Italy.
- Work with the Property Team to prepare briefing notes relating to new store projects including the collection of the necessary information;
- Produce accurate and well-presented documents, reports and presentations, translations or summarise documents before sending to UK/ROI;
- Process confidential and sensitive information with tact, maintaining high quality standards;
- Set up supplier accounts for payments/receivable, prepare invoices request forms and manage the payment process;
- Work closely with Primark’s project personnel in store design, development, logistics, construction and operations, providing them with assistance regarding property agreements, title issues and other matters of a general property nature, to ensure new locations are successfully brought into operation;
- Liaise with the Data Manager to keep the Property database system (Manhattan) up to date and to ensure that all leases are set up on time and lease changes are tracked;
- Daily contact with relevant internal (HQ) and external (Lawyers, Agents, Landlords, Property Consultants, Persons undertaking inspections of Primark’s premises) stakeholders;
- General administrative duties, i.e. set up and manage an efficient filing and archiving system, organise meetings and conference calls with internal and external stakeholders, prepare credit card and cash expenses forms and submit them in time, providing all necessary receipts, or oversee and book complex travel arrangements and accommodation requirements as required, collating necessary travel documentation, etc.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role, preferably in Real Estate field;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills (Italian & English);
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills;
- A flexible approach and ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, proving excellent organizational skills;
- Ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation, proving to be discreet, trustworthy and proactive while managing confident information;
- High attention to details and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as ability to focus on higher level overview;
- A genuine passion or interest in the retail industry is a distinct advantage.