Primark opened its first store in Dublin in 1969 and today operates in over 380 stores in thirteen countries across Europe and America.
Primark arrived in Italy in 2016 and now, with 7 stores and more than 2000 colleagues, Primark is in a phase of strong development on the national territory: in the coming months we will double the number of stores in Italy and then will continue the expansion.
As Property Acquisition Manager, responding to the Italy Property Director, you will identify and provide Primark with advice in relation to finding and acquiring appropriate sites for new store openings in Italy and manage Primark’s existing property assets once acquired.
- Identify, assess and select new store locations and manage the acquisition process from the initial site feasibility and assessment to completion - projects may be located in different geographical regions;
- Collect necessary information and present detailed and commercially oriented site selection recommendations to the Property Director;
- Work closely with Primark’s project personnel in store design, development, logistics, construction and operations, providing them with assistance regarding property agreements, title issues and other matters of a general property nature, to ensure new locations are successfully brought into operation;
- Negotiate terms for the new stores and when terms are agreed, instruct, liaise with and work with Primark’s lawyers until the closing of the transaction;
- Liaise with the Data Manager to keep the property data base system up to date and to ensure that all leases are set up on time and lease changes are tracked;
- Manage all lease extensions, rent reviews and existing portfolio;
- Continue a program of professional development to maintain the highest standard of professional knowledge and expertise on property issues and changes in property law and planning policy;
- Ensure that the projects within your control are delivered on time and within budget, being responsible for the assembly of documents for all projects within your control;
- Manage progress of all projects through regular dialogue with stakeholders.
- Educated to degree level with minimum of 5 years' experience in the retail/real estate industry, with an established network of landlord, developer and agency contacts
- Good working knowledge of High Streets and Shopping Centres in Italy
- Financial and legal knowledges related to retail/real estate transactions, to achieve store opening objectives
- An excellent negotiator with broad experience in negotiating retail lease agreements and a firm understanding of all aspects of retail leases and the “art of the deal”
- A high energy, flexible, results-oriented, self-starting individual whom is capable of quickly taking control of responsibilities
- Problem solving and excellent organising and planning skills with the ability to co-ordinate and manage multiple projects and initiatives working to tight deadlines
- Capability to remain calm under pressure and manages a wide range of sometimes conflicting priorities
- Availability for constant travel
- Strong computer and IT literacy skills
- Good English knowledge